Custom Photo Engraving
Today's lasers are able to engrave a very high quality photo on several different types of materials including:
- Anodized Aluminum
Using specialized design software we are able to take a high quality photo and custom engrave it on a variety of surfaces. The end result is a long lasting and unique item suitable for special gifts or just as a special keepsake.
As with any type of photo printing or reproducing, the quality of the photo is very important to ensure that the finished product is of the highest quality. Here are a few things that are important to consider when thinking about whether a photo is suitable for engraving.
- Resolution of the photo. Custom engraving requires photos that have at least 300 DPI resolution. Keep in mind that most photos downloaded from Facebook or other online social media sites are often downsized to 72 DPI which is not enough resolution to engrave well. While we can sometimes increase the resolution using software the better and higher the original photos resolution the better the finished product will be.
- A well exposed photo is also important. While we can and will adjust the exposure using state of the art photo editing programs like Photoshop there can be cases where a photo might be either too dark or too light to make for a quality engraving.
- An in focus photo is also important to getting a quality laser engraved image.
- In order to produce a high quality laser engraved photos we use the latest in design and photo processing software to convert your photo into a file format that is suitable for engraving. We will do all we can with any photo sent to us but please keep in mind these important requirements to getting the highest quality engraving for your money.
- All photos will be cropped appropriately to fit the size ordered unless they are already in that aspect ratio.
Feel free to contact us using the Contact Form with any questions or click on one of the links below to order a custom engraved photo.
It is very important that your photo be a high quality photo with at least 300 DPI resolution. If you have questions about if your photo is suitable for engraving please use the "Contact Us" form to request an evaluation of the photo prior to ordering. We will provide you with an email address to send the photo in for evaluation prior to you placing the order.